E. J. Jenkins House

Date Added: 
1982

This house was constructed in 1893 by prominent Bryan builder Charlie Jenkins for his brother Edwin James Jenkins (1867-1959). A native of England, E.J. Jenkins came to Bryan in 1878. He operated a drugstore in downtown Bryan for over 50 years and served as Mayor and a City Councilman. The classic Queen Anne style home, which features a domed tower and wraparound veranda, remained in the Jenkins family until the property was sold in 1971. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1982

Special Directions/Instructions: 
607 E. 27th St., Bryan.

Location

30° 40' 18.9984" N, 96° 22' 4.1988" W